Monday, June 20, 2011

What is good enough?

It's days like today, when many questions ring in my ears as if in the movies, when the main lead recalls important words said to him during his or her life. All these goings on make me question myself: What is good enough? Am I good enough?

Being good enough refers a box-full of topics. Am I a good brother? Am I a good son? Am I a good husband? Am I a good person?

I know that I can't be the judge of this as a bias exists but such days make me realise that I have to be honest to myself hence ruling out the possibility of such bias occurring. Let's assess these shall we?

Am I a good brother? Well, I love my sisters, I am extremely protective of them and I love spending time with them. Do I spend enough time with them? Possibly not but this has'nt pulled us apart as I believe that once one ages and matures, then there exists an understanding that develops, where you realize that can't always spend time with them but when you do, make the most of it and make it count.

Am I a good son? Both my parents have tried their utmost best to raise a strong. responsible son. Mum has done it alone for the last 11 years after losing Dad and I do admit that I do take her granted. I do get irritated with her and I do go very quiet sometimes. But when I'm on my own and start thinking about her, i just can't fathom what i would do if she wasn't around.

Am I a good husband? This is new territory for me even though it's 2 years to the day, that I got married. My other half is not perfect yet she is amazing. I'm lucky to have her. Her presence in my life has made me stronger and more independent. I wonder what my presence in her life has done for her? She loves me from the bottom of her her heart and hence shows that on her sleeve and so do I but I show it from a distance so to speak. She is so creative in love whereas I come across as the chilled out one. I am not a do-er at all. I don't always talk and am probably the most mono-syllabic person in my family. I am supportive and I am always wanting to help her in any way possible but I can do better. I want to do better.

I think all the above helps summarize what sort of person I am today. I can't be the judge. I think everyone who knows me needs to read this and judge for themselves.

It also happened to be Father's Day and I honestly would love to know what dad thinks of his son as a final end product of being a brother, son and husband. Have I done good? Do I make him proud? His guidance right now would be worth its weight in gold.

So the questions still remain unanswered. Am I good enough? What is good enough? What to try and answer it? Be my guest....

No comments:

Post a Comment