Thursday, January 12, 2012

Filmy ... very filmy!!!

I love hindi films and if you love hindi films, you have got to love hindi songs. Every song has its own special effect on me. You have your dhinka chicka songs that you just love to dance to at parties and nights out. Whether is be the 80s, 90s or the last 12 years, the slower more romantic songs are ones you can listen to over and over again.

Growing up, I had always had this thought that I would meet this girl one day and “background mein ghaana bhajjega”. Sounds stupid but that's me.

Have Indian films inspired me? Do I watch Indian films and realize that this reminds me of moments of my life gone wrong? Do I watch Indian films and miss my Dad, who’s not been with me for over 10 years? If this is not filmy, then I don't know what is. I might not have a favourite song but I could think of at least 15 songs I love:

1. Hazur is kadar – Masoom

2. Afreen Afreen – Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

3. Rim Jim Gire Saawan – Manzil

4. Meri Mehbooba – Pardes

5. O re piya – Atif Aslam

6. Kaash – Faakhir

7. Chehra hai chand – Saagar

8. Tu meri aashiqui – Aashiqui

9. Jidar Dekhoon Teri tasveer – Mahaan

10. Tera saath hai kitna pyara – Jaanbaaz

11. Bholi si surat – Dil toh pagal hai

12. Teri deewani – Kailash Kher

13. Phir mohobhat – Murder 2

14. Dil ka qaraar – Sangharsh

15. Ho Gayi hai mohobhat – Aslam & Shibani

This list can probably go on and on but a short-list as a starter and if anyone wants me to go on then I will, no questions asked.

There are also a number of different or hatke songs that I’ve been introduced to and they’re just so different and so fresh that one can not help but want to listen to while walking into University (like I currently do) with a coffee in one hand:

1. No man will ever love you like I do – Raghu Dixit

2. Kaho ek din – Ahmed Jahanzeb

3. Laila – Faridkot

4. Charka – Wadali brothers

5. Ambar – Ragu Dixit

6. Khidki – Raghu Dixit

7. Dooba – Ade Farooq

8. Bahara (Chill version) – Rahat Fateh Ali Khan

9. O Nadaan Parinde – Rockstar

10. Kya yehi pyar hai – Kamaal Khan

Should I go on?

Do I know where I’m going with this but felt like sharing and so I did.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment